The Prestige Series of 78-RPM cartridges are designed for high output and excellent stability under even severe use. Each cartridge can be used for either archival or casual play without concern for undue wear on the record. All Grado 78 cartridges have a considerable reduction in tip mass resulting in extended frequency response while tracking forces can range from 2-5 grams. The experts acclaim these cartridges as virtually the finest 78-rpm cartridges in the world.Model 78EThe Prestige model 78E uses a modified four piece OTL cantilever technology, oxygen free wire in the coils and a specially designed, high polished, elliptical 3 mil. diamond mounted in a brass bushing.Model 78C The Prestige model 78C uses a three-piece OTL cantilever technology, oxygen free wire in the coils and a specially designed, high polished conical/spherical 3 mil. diamond mounted in a brass bushing. 78C & 78E Technical Specifications:
· Frequency Response 10 hz ~50 Khz
· Principal MI
· Imput Load 47K
· Output at 1KHz 5CM/sec. 5mV
· Recommended Tracking Force 2-5
· Stylus Type - 78C C
· Stylus Type - 78E E
· Inductance 45mH
· Resistance 475
· Compliance CUs
· Stylus Replacement U=user U Price: U$$150,00. (August, 13, 2009).
· Grado 78-RPM styli are available by special order in the following conical/spherical sizes: 2.0 mil 2.5 mil 3.5 mil 4.0 mil
· Recommended size for Edison Diamond Disc and 1920's and 30's records is 3.5 mil. For the raw aluminum and 1930 RCA pre-grooved disks use 4.0 mil.